Friday, January 6, 2017

December 2016 Wrap-Up


December and Blogmas are over and while I am sad to see them both go, I am also excited to see what 2017 will bring. But first lets look back on December and see what happened with reading.


Read

Black, White, Other: In Search of Nina ArmstrongThe Black ButterflyWinter DamageLoving vs. Virginia: A Documentary Novel of the Landmark Civil Rights CasePhantoms In The SnowHide and Seek (Jess Tennant, #3)Saving RedWhat LightTop Ten Clues You're CluelessThe Twelve Days of Dash and Lily15877629Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)The Last of the SpiritsFreeksDecked with Holly


Reviewed

The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee ★ ★ ★★ ★
Dystopia novel set in a tower. Read my review here

Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myrcale ★ ★ ★
Three holiday short stories that end up coming together in the end. Read my review here

The Season by Jonah & Lisa Dyer ★.5
Texas girl who doesn't want to make her debut. Read my review here

The French Impressionist by Rebecca Bischoff ★ ★ ★
Teenage who goes to Paris despite her speaking difficulties. Read my review here

Broken Pearl by Dawn Brower ★ ★ ★
WWII nurse who also has a special ability. Read my review here

Flawed by Cecelia Ahern ★ ★ ★★ ★
New Dystopian novel that follows a world that could fall to corruption. Read my review here

Dash and Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan ★ ★ ★
What happens when two teenagers bored over Christmas break just want to have some fun. Read my review here

Tell Me Three Things by Julie BuxBaum ★ ★ ★
Deals with loss of a parent, and sudden marriage of other parent plus a move to California. Read my review here

The Last Of The Spirits by Chris Preistley ★ ★ ★★ ★
New take on Charles Dickens classic. Read my review here

Rebel Of The Sands by Alwyn Hamilton ★ ★ ★★.5
Teenage girl who is trying to make a better life for herself. Read my review here

Decked With Holly by Marni Bates ★ ★.5
I swear this read like a fanfiction. Read my review here

The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan ★ ★ ★★
Revisiting Dash & Lily a year later and see's them dealing with a lot of real world problems. Read my review here

The Lost Son by Tamra Torero and Preston Norton ★ ★ ★★.5
Teenager given a second chance at life. Read my review here

Saving Red by Sonya Sones ★ ★ ★
One teenagers goal to get a homeless woman home to her family. Read my review here

What Light by Jay Asher ★ ★ ★
Teenage girl who's family goes to California every year to sell trees. Read my review here

Winter Damage by Natasha Carthew ★ ★ ★
One girls dream to find her mom and make everything okay. Read my review here

The Black Butterfly by Shirley Verneck ★ ★.5
Sent to an Inn by her mother over christmas, and ends up learning a lot about herself. Read my review here

Top Ten Clues Your Clueless by Liz Czusak ★ ★ ★★ 
Six Teenagers held for hours in a supermarket all in the hopes of catching a thief. Read my review here

The Winners Curse by Maria Rutkoski  ★ ★ ★★ ★
Fantasy novel where the lines end up blurring between right and wrong depending on what side your on. Read my review here


Hide and Seek by Jane Casey★ ★ ★★.5
The final in a trilogy following a teenager who feels she must save others. Read my review here

Finding It by Cora Carmack ★ ★
Dissapointing new adult read that was the last in a companion trilogy. Read my review here





Other Posts






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....