Saturday, December 3, 2016

Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myrcale #Blogmas2k16

Let It SnowTitle: Let It Snow
Author: John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myrcale
Publisher: Speak
Published Date: September 30th 2014
Genre: Contemporary, YA, Christmas
Page Count: 352
Format: Kindle

My Rating:★ ★ ★
3 stars jubilee express
1.5 stars a cheertastic Christmas
3 stars the patron saint of pigs 

Goodreads Summary: 
Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today’s bestselling teen authors—John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle—the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

 My Review:

Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson
“Christmas is never over,unless you want it to be... Christmas is a state of mind.”   

Jubilee is one of those characters that you just like how naive and sweet they are for the most part. How they always want to see the good even though they are being used. Because of that fact even when bad things happen to her and she has to change her Christmas plans they end up working out for the most part. I liked the guy who ended up helping her and even though I could tell certain things were going to happen, I was okay with them in this type of story. I don't want to say much more because I don't want to give anything away, but I will say this was my favorite one of the three.  I found this story really enjoyable. But that could have just been because I like Maureen's writing style and the way she develops her characters.

Cheertastic Christmas by John Green


“Something about me has always liked the drama and inconvenience of bad weather. The worse the better, really.” 

Ugh. That is how I felt through 90% of this story. The focus on cheerleaders and there cheering abilities got really annoying real fast. Plus the added fact of treating the female friend the guy had like she was one of the guys and repeatedly making her feel bad for liking certain things all while still treating her like one of the guys and making back-sided comments was annoying.While the ending of this one was sweet and the main characters best friend was endearing at times, I still couldn't like it.

Patron Saint Of Pigs by Lauren Myrcale
“Sometimes when we forget to do things for others, it's because we're too wrapped up in our own problems.”   

This one was okay. Yes the main character was self centered, but she started to change her ways and realized that it wasn't okay how she treated people. She started to work on that and even though she has a long way to go I know she can do it, because now she realizes it. It was nice to see as well one of the characters that Jubilee meet find who they were looking for. What saved this story for me was the ending and how all of the characters came together at the end.

Overall these stories were okay to me. I think they are over hyped for the most part, which took some of the enjoyment away for me. But I'm still glad I finally read them.

"I always had this idea that you should never give up a happy middle in the hopes of a happy ending, because there is no such thing as a happy ending. Do you know what I mean? There is so much to lose."


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....