Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January 2017 Wrap-Up


Time for my first wrap-up of 2017. I'd liked to say this month had flown by but after the 20th I feel like it went super slow and just turned into a mess. Let's escape from the madness for a little while and talk about books!

I'm going to start adding in my reading stats, if your like them please let me know and if not then I will just keep them on instagram. 

January Reading Stats:

I read 15 books this month with an average rating of 3.56 stars. 
Rating
5 star: 3
4 star: 3
3 star: 8
2 star: 1
1 star: 0

Author
11 were by female authors and 
4 were by male authors. 

Format
I read 5 on kindle
listened to 4 audiobooks
read 2 paperbacks
and 4 hardcovers

Audio Time
I listened to audiobooks for a total of 39 hr and 16 minutes this month.

Book Length
my longest book was 400 pages and
my shortest was 212 pages.

Age Range
2 were adult
1 was what I'm considering to be new adult
and 12 were young adult. 

BOOKS READ

Land of Hidden FiresThe Hundred Lies of Lizzie LovettThe Impossible FortressBlood Red, Snow WhiteHanging MaryThe Door That Lead to WhereThe Cruelty (The Cruelty, #1)Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and RedemptionWaking in TimeFrost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3)A Girl Named MisterAll the Broken PiecesThe Little MermaidIce Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1)


BOOK REVIEWS

Black, White, Other by Joan Steinau Lester★ ★ ★ 
This is a book dealing with the feeling of not fitting in any place. Read my review here 

Phantoms In The Snow by Kathleen Benner Duble★ ★ ★ ★.5
Teenage boy who ends up joining the military and fights in WWII with the help of his uncle. Read my review here

Freeks by Amanda Hocking ★ ★ ★.5
Circus, set in the 80s with multiple paranormal abilities. Read my review here

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn ★ ★ ★ 
Teenage girl who feels like she's doing the world a favor. Read my review here

Blackhearts by Nicole Casteroman★ ★ ★
What one couple will do to find love. Read my review here

All The Broken Pieces by Ann Burg★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Adopted young man who feels torn between his old life and his new. Read my review here

Ice Like Fire (Snow Likes Ashes #2) by Sara Raasch★ ★ ★ ★ 
What will meira do now to save her people? Read my review here

A Girl Named Mister by Nikki Grimes★ ★ ★ 
Teenager who feels alone after having to deal with something that she shouldn't have to on her own. Read my review here

The Little Mermaid by Hans Christopher Anderson★ ★
Not like the Disney Princes. Read my review here

These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Victorian era england and super powers. Need I say more. Read my review here

Land Of Hidden Fires by Kirk Kjeldsen★ ★ ★ .5
Teenage girl who helps an american pilot to safety. Read my review here

Frost Like Night (Snow Likes Ashes #3) by Sara Raasch★ ★ ★ .5
The ending to a entertaining trilogy. Read my review here

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Heartbreaking true story of a WWII POW. Read my review here

Loving VS Virginia by Patricia Hruby Powell★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Interesting and captivating read on a important law. Read my review here


OTHER POSTS


How did you do on reading this month? 
If you haven't already make sure to take part in #0by18
Also makes sure your following me on Instagram and Twitter for all of the latests updates.





2 comments:

  1. I really need to catch up on the Snow Like Ashes trilogy. I've only read the first one, but I really enjoyed it so I don't know what's taking me so long to read the otehr two books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way. I think it's because were afraid of second book syndrome happening and ending up not liking the series. This one was pretty good though and the characters grew a lot during it in my opinion. Made it enjoyable. I hope you pick it up soon. p.s. it makes a pretty good audiobook to.

      Delete

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....