Sunday, June 19, 2016

June gr8box : Top 8 Food Allergy Free Review


This months box was a little different in that it contained all of the items we have received so far in the box! When I opened this months box I was a little shocked and extremely surprised to see it so packed full of items. But I was also really grateful because this is summer, which means snacks are needed especially ones that you can take on the go. The box costs $19.99 plus $5 shipping which is the standard price for subscription boxes.
*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with gr8box and I bought this box with my own money.


About the Company:

 gr8box about

gr8box website

 gr8box.com



The website itself is very easy to navigate and straight to the point. It even has a reward system called gr8bucks which you get for doing different types of things. You can get 100 points just for signing up! You can’t use them to buy a box itself, but you can use them in the store to buy items that you liked that came in the box. You can also read their FAQ page which answers some good questions.  Sadly right now this box is only available in the America as it did just start. 

June Gr8box Items!
The box also came with a $10 Pur Gum gift certificate, Enjoy Life Food Allergy information, A note from FreeYum, and a Page with all the information of the food items included in the box. 

I love the Enjoy life brand, and the sweet treats that they make. I was happy to see this include in the box and it is one of the few items that you can actually buy at the local grocery store. 

Pur Aspartame Free Gum ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This gum is amazing, not only does it last a little bit longer the regular gum, but it is also healthier for you in general. 

YumEarth Natural Sour Jelly Beans ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
These were very addictive, and were pretty sour. I hope to get more in the future. 

I wasn't a fan of these personally. They were just a little too chewy for my liking. They tasted good, it was just the chewiness that made them not be enjoyable. 

Organic Gemini TigerNut ★ ★ ★ ★
These were pretty good, a little hard to get through the outer shell at first, but after that they were enjoyable.  (At the moment this product isn't available to buy from the website.)

SunButter Creamy ★ ★ ★ ★
This is a really good peanut butter alternative. It not only had the same texture as other peanut butters to, but also melted slightly. You can taste the sunflower in it, but I didn't find that it took anything away from it still being peanut butter. 

Not personally my type of thing. I found that the spicy coating was a bit to strong, and wasn't enjoyable at all sadly. 

FreeYum Honey Apple Oat Bars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
These tasted just like Apple Crisp! I never would have tried these without this box, because a lot of dairy free bars tend to be a little gritty tasting, so we've stopped buy them. These though, have the texture of a regular bar, and taste amazing! I will be buying these again.

Enjoy Life Crunchy Cookies, Sugar Cookie ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I know I said this last month as well, but enjoy life is just such an awesome company and didn't disappoint with this product either. It tasted just like a homemade sugar cookie just crunchy.


Crispy Fruit Asian Pear ★ ★ ★ ★
Freeze Dried Fruit is becoming one of my favorite snacks and I was glad to see this is in the box as I had hear about this brand, but hadn't tried it yet. This was a bit of a confusing taste for me at first because I didn't read the packaging and just assumed it would be apple, but it turned out to be Pear! It tasted just like a fresh Pear, and was very crunchy. 

FruitChia Raspberry Blast ★ ★ .5
This was very similar in texture to last months fruit bar, so I wasn't in love with it either. But with this one I did like the Raspberry flavor. 

Surf Sweets Gummy Bears ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Loved these! They were a nice gummy texture, but also had more flavor then regular gummy and tasted juicer as well.  (I also looked up this brand elsewhere and ended up buying the peach rings for my mom’s birthday and they tasted amazing as well. )

St.Claire's Organics Sweet Peach Tarts ★ ★
These were not what I was expecting at all. They are extremely tart compared to most other things I’ve tried on the market. They are very peachy tasting though once you start to get over how tart they are. (I think this is more of a product that will take some getting used to.)

Wacky Apple Organic Apple Sauce
We haven't tried this product yet, but I'm assuming it will taste similar to other apple sauces just without the artificial stuff. 

Red Plate Foods Lemon Blueberry Muffin ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This was the favorite thing out of the entire box! If you’ve had to go dairy free then you know that most muffin mixes end up having milk added into them (Pillsbury blueberry mix doesn’t as far as we know just add water instead of Milk).  But back to this product, not only was it still extremely moist, it also had amazing flavor and tasted just like regular muffins taste if not better! I can’t wait to try more from this company and am looking forward to trying their other flavors.


Something that was different in this box, was a not that was sent along from the company
that says that boxes won't be going out during the hot months and will return in September. I personally am okay with this, I know it would be hard to go mail out certain items without them going bad, plus top 8 items are rather hard to find as well. I cannot wait until boxes start going out again in September and to see if any new items will be in them as well!


If you would like to you can sign up with my referral link here : http://gr8box.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/25/and my code is : 1925


*Links of product name take you to gr8bucks store. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....