Sunday, April 17, 2016

gr8box Foods Free Of the Top 8 Allergens : Food Box Review


April gr8box!


In March I heard about a box that was free of the Top Big 8 Food Allergies (Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Eggs, Wheat, Soy, Fish, & Shellfish). I knew I needed to try it, my mom has a dairy allergy that we found out about two years ago, and since then we have been trying to find dairy free foods that aren’t super expensive and are available in the Midwest. Which up until the last few months we haven’t noticed a whole lot in the local grocery stores.  This box so far has given us several new food ideas and we hope to find so many more. This box costs $19.99 plus $5 shipping which is the standard price for subscription boxes.
*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with gr8box and I bought this box with my own money.



About the Company:

 gr8box about

gr8box website

 gr8box.com

The website itself is very easy to navigate and straight to the point. It even has a reward system called gr8bucks which you get for doing different types of things. You can get 100 points just for signing up! You can’t use them to buy a box itself, but you can use them in the store to buy items that you liked that came in the box. You can also read their FAQ page which answers some good questions.  Sadly right now this box is only available in the America as it did just start. 


April's gr8box Items

The box also came with a $10 Pur Gum gift certificate, Enjoy Life Food Allergy information, A note from FreeYum, and a Page with all the information of the food items included in the box. 


I love the Enjoy life brand, and the sweet treats that they make. I was happy to see this include in the box and it is one of the few items that you can actually buy at the local grocery store. 

I haven't yet tried this item, but from what I've read from other reviews it's just as good as regular, just without aspartame. 

YumEarth Natural Sour Jelly Beans ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
These were very addictive, and were pretty sour. I hope to get more in the future. 

I wasn't a fan of these personally. They were just a little too chewy for my liking. They tasted good, it was just the chewiness that made them not be enjoyable. 

Organic Gemini TigerNut ★ ★ ★ 
These were pretty good, a little hard to get through the outer shell at first, but after that they were enjoyable.  (At the moment this product isn't available to buy from the website.)

SunButter Creamy
I haven't yet tried this product (recently I've had a bad peanut butter experience so I've just been sticking to the kind I know I like. ), but I am going to try it before the end of the month. (At the moment this product isn't available to buy from the website.)

These do sound like they will be very good, I just haven't tried them yet. I'm assuming they will taste just like a spicy sunflower. (I'll let you know how I like it on twitter once I've tried them)

FreeYum Honey Apple Oat Bars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
These tasted just like Apple Crisp! I never would have tried these without this box, because a lot of dairy free bars tend to be a little gritty tasting, so we've stopped buy them. These though, have the texture of a regular bar, and taste amazing! I will be buying these again.


I really enjoyed this box, and it was defiantly worth the money spent. I can’t wait to see what is in May’s box and what new goodies will be inside.



If you would like to you can sign up with my referral link here : http://gr8box.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/25/and my code is : 1925


*Links of product name take you to gr8bucks store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....