Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday 5/25/16 : The Flip Side by Shawn Johnson



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. It’s a weekly meme that allows bloggers to talk about what upcoming book they’re most looking forward to read!



The book I'm waiting on this week is The Flip Side by Shawn Johnson

Synopsis


The Flip Side

Charlie Ryland has a secret.

She may seem like your average high school sophomore—but she’s just really good at pretending.

Because outside of school Charlie spends all her waking hours training to become one of the best gymnasts in the world. And it’s not easy flying under the radar when you’re aiming for Olympic gold…especially when an irresistible guy comes along and threatens to throw your whole world off balance.

Inspired by her own experiences as a fifteen-year-old Olympic gymnast, gold medalist Shawn Johnson writes a delightfully entertaining novel about chasing big dreams and falling in love, all while trying to keep it real.




Why I'm Waiting
I've always had an interest in gymnastics and olympic sports in general. Plus Shawn was one of my favorite gymnasts back in 2008 and I'm interested to see how she is as a writer. I also think this will help me get into the Olympic spirit as this is an Olympic Year!


Information
  • Format: Hardcover
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers        
  • Page Count: 320
  • Expected Publication: June 7th 2016

What book are you waiting on this week?



2 comments:

  1. Oh this is awesome! I love gymnastics too and was a fan of Shawn during her olympic moments. This does seem like an interesting book and I'd love to see how Shawn is as a writer. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know another gymnast has turned writer before, but I haven't read her books yet. Have you?

      Delete

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....