Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Rainy Day Reads : T5W



Top 5 Wednesday is hosted by Ginger Reads Lainey and you can find the Goodreads group here.


It's time for another Top 5 Wednesday and this weeks topic is Rainy Day Reads, for this one I choose books that I flew through and potentially could even be read in a day if you have the time. So without further ado here are my Rainy Day Reads.






Uglies by Scott Westerfeld


I flew through this book and would highly recommend it if you're looking for a good dystopian that is super easy to read.

You can read my review here.







Frostfire by Amanda Hocking


This is a Fantasy novel that I just couldn't get enough of. It does have some romance, but it is a slow burning one in this book, and doesn't become the main focus of the story. 
This is one that I didn't want to put down.


You can read my review here.





Grave Intent by Alexander Hartung


This is the second book in a series, but I didn't find it necessary to read the first one (I didn't realize this until I had already read quite a bit of it). This is a mystery, detective novel that keep me guessing the whole way through. 

You can read my review here.







The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White


This is a very downton abbey era book and I found it very interesting and I didn't want to put it down. I would say that if you like historical fiction and downton abbey then this one would be perfect for a rainy day.


You can read my review here.





Playing for the Commandant by Suzy Zail


This is a WWII novel that is about a young girl who is a piano player and ends up using this to her advantage in order to keep her and her family alive in the concentration camp.
I read this book in a day, and I found it a really easy read which is always surprising considering how heavy some of the topics were that are in this book.

You can read my review here.



Those were my picks for rainy day reads. What books did you end up choosing?


2 comments:

  1. I own Frostfire but haven't ready it yet, extra encouraged to start it now. If you want, you can check out my list at http://apieceofparadis.com/2016/04/06/top-5-wednesday-rainy-day-reads/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had time to read it yet? I loved it but still need to read the last book in the trilogy.

      Delete

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....