I can't believe today is the last day of 2015, where has the year gone? I did make some goals for 2015 and I posted them over on my tumblr which you can read that post here.
I did okay on these goals, but I also kind of forgot about the goals up until about two weeks ago when people started posting 2016 goals.
I didn't read 4 classics or finish the Ashfall series, nor did I finish all the books on my shelf. I did finish the Maze Runner series and I did surpass my goals of 42 books and I ended up reading 84 books. I did end up writing reviews for most of the books I read and I loved doing it. It was so nice to be able to get my feelings out about them and meet people who felt the same way as I did.
Now time for the 2016 goals. I was really unsure if I was even going to make a post about this because I always end up forgetting about them until almost the end of the year, but this year I am going to write it down and keep it on my desk so I can look and see what I want to accomplish this year.
- Last year I reviewed most of the books I read and I really want to continue this because I loved being able to look back and see what I thought of a book.
- Going with that last goal I want to post at least one review a week. That is what I originally started this blog for, somehow along the way though it has ended up just being meme's some weeks.
- This is another one that adds on to my next one, which is to make a posting schedule and stick to it. I tried to do that this year, but I wasn't very successful at it so this time I am going to try a few different posting schedules and then see which one I like more.
- Last year I read 84 books, so this year I want to read 80 books. I'm not yet sure if I am going to make a Goodreads goal for this or not yet. I might just make a bookshelf on my Goodreads for it instead and just go by that.
- I want to read all of the Netgalley books I have gotten as well as the three books that I have gotten from Goodreads giveaways. I tend to put these off for some reason but I do really want to get better at this.
- Read all of the books I currently have on my physical shelves. This year my aunt has given me several books and with that means that I have gotten quite a lot of new to me books that I want to read.
- I also want to start reading more physical books. I have a tendency to just read eBooks anymore since I have overdrive on my tablet and phone. This is a good thing because it has helped me read more, but it is also a bad thing because I've kind of been neglecting the actual library.
- I'm also taking part in the 2016 Debut Author Challenge and for that challenge I want to read 20 books.
- I want to try and find some clean new adult novels I know Melody Carlson has one and I want to try and find more.
- Listen to more audio books. I don't really listen to many books and I and want to change that because some books are just better in audio book form.