Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year.
This has been the most fun I've had with a top ten Tuesday for quite some time now. So without further ado here are my Ten Quotes I loved from books I read in the past year.
1. "Ain't we all river finders? Put on this earth to get by, one day at a time. We're all we've got under this sky. We need to play fair and take care of one another. " --The Great Trouble: A mystery of London, the blue death and a boy called eel by Deborah Hopkins
2. "People are sick, but that doesn't mean it's the end of days or an alien invasion or that there's going to be a civil war. Okay? Bad stuff happens all the time and we get through it, right? We're the cockroaches. We'll get through this too..." -- A Matter of Days by Amber Kizer
3. "She'd never contemplated death. She had to many dreams. She was too full of hope for the future, and a firm believer in the promise that tomorrow would
be better than today." -- Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo
4. "Even when you give them the answer they're looking for,"..."even when the Powers That Be know that you're right, they want to know why."... "Why we can do it and they can't.".. "They don't just want to train us. They don't just want to use us. They want to be us." -- The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
5. "Will I help him make something of his life? Who will help me? Why does everyone presume that I, as damaged merchandise, forfeit any claim to happiness?
That I expect nothing, have no ambitions or longings of my own? When was it agreed that my lot would be to gladly serve as a prop and a crutch for others
who are whole?" -- All the Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
6. "The whole point of this test was for us to see what terrible things were done and for us to learn from those mistakes. Right?"... "The best leaders make
mistakes and then learn from them. The best leaders never make the same mistake again. The only way we can learn is if you understand the mistakes
that were made." -- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
7. "If there's anything I learned from my mother, it's that power makes you just as vulnerable as it makes you strong. People want to use you for it, or take
it from you, all the time." -- Tandem by Anna Jarzab
8. "I've walked into places where I had no business being dozens of times, and I know the key is to project confidence. If you look like you belong, people
assume you do." -- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
9. "You're sister has learned... but you're not like your sister, are you? I understand that too. You can look like another and be totally different. And do
you know what?" "That is as it should be. I don't want to make you Tempesta. I want to help you be the champion you were born to be. Fast as the wind. Free as the birds." -- The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White
10. "Don't forget who is a friend and who is a foe. And don't forget, sometimes a person can be both.” -- The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
Those were my Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year, what were your favorite quotes?