Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Death Cure by James Dashner

Title: The Death Cure
Series: The Maze Runner #3
Author: James Dashner 
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published Date:  October 11th 2011
Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopia, YA,
Page Count: 325
Format: Hardcover

My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ .5

Goodreads Summary:
It’s the end of the line.

WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends—the Gladers. But it’s finally over. The trials are complete, after one final test.

Will anyone survive?

What WICKED doesn’t know is that Thomas remembers far more than they think. And it’s enough to prove that he can’t believe a word of what they say.

The truth will be terrifying.

Thomas beat the Maze. He survived the Scorch. He’ll risk anything to save his friends. But the truth might be what ends it all.

The time for lies is over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Review:

May Contain Spoilers


"Fear of the unknown no longer controlled him. Hope had found its way in and taken hold."


I've had a  like/hate/loved relationship with this trilogy. I thought the Maze Runner was okay, I absolutely hated the Scorch Trials though and genuinely wasn't sure if I was going to continue on with this series due to how many problems I had with it. I am so glad though that I  decided to finish this trilogy. For once in the end of a trilogy we got all of the questions answered. We find out what caused the Flare, how it was spread, and why Wicked was doing what it was doing. (I would never have guessed that that was why the Flare was created and spread.)

As with how I felt after reading the Scorch trials the characters make this story all the more enjoyable. Thomas and Minho's friendship is one of my favorite friendships of all time.  I was still very unsure if we should trust Brenda and Teresa or not, but I am glad that Thomas kept them at arm's-length pretty much until the almost end of the book.

I also want to mention that two of the deaths that happened were very unexpected to me and one was very heartbreaking.

While I can see how a lot of people thought the ending was predictable I really liked it and it made me love this book even more.
(I can even see a book being written about how they made a new society to continue the human race and how they kept it civilized.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....