Monday, February 23, 2015

The Loners by Lex Thomas

Title: The Loners
Series: Quarantine #1
Author: Lex Thomas
Publisher:
EgmontUSA
Published Date: July 10th 2012 

Genre: YA, Dystopia
Page Count:
416
Format: Hardcover
My Rating: ★
Goodreads Summary:

As original as The Hunger Games, set within the walls of a high school exactly like yours.” – Kami Garcia, New York Times best-selling co-author of the Beautiful Creatures novels

It was just another ordinary day at McKinley High—until a massive explosion devastated the school. When loner David Thorpe tried to help his English teacher to safety, the teacher convulsed and died right in front of him. And that was just the beginning.

A year later, McKinley has descended into chaos. All the students are infected with a virus that makes them deadly to adults. The school is under military quarantine. The teachers are gone. Violent gangs have formed based on high school social cliques. Without a gang, you’re as good as dead. And David has no gang. It’s just him and his little brother, Will, against the whole school.

In this frighteningly dark and captivating novel, Lex Thomas locks readers inside a school where kids don’t fight to be popular, they fight to stay alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Review:
Going into this book it sounded amazing, but that quickly changed. Now I will give the authors this it was a whole new type of dystopian (at least for me this was).

I think the main problem I had with this book was that it tried to describe everything, and it just got to be way too much. Another problem was, was that I never connected to any of the characters. Unless you count hating every single one of them for being completely stupid.

While I didn't hate the ending it wasn't exactly what I hoped to happen especially since I wont be finishing the rest of the series.

All in all if you're a teenage guy you'll probably really like this especially if you're still in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....