Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Down the TBR Hole #41 | Book Meme

Down the TBR Hole #41 #bookmeme #weeklymeme #goodreads #tbr

Down the TBR Hole was created by Lia from LOSTINASTORY.

This weekly meme is to help you get your tbr down to a more manageable number, by going through 10 books from your shelves and deciding if you will really read the book or not, and getting rid of the ones you no longer want to read.

The past two weeks I've gotten rid of 8 books off of my tbr that were released in 2017. I know shocking, but now it's time to switch things up again... This week I'm going to be going through books that have either come out this year already or will be coming out this year (2018). Ahh okay, this will be interesting and if I get rid of just two books I will be happy.

Let's see this week's choices.

Down the TBR Hole #41 #bookmeme #weeklymeme #goodreads #tbr




A Daring Escape by Tricia Goyer
So apparently this is the second book in a series. Oopsies. I haven't yet read the first one. So instead I'll be taking this one off of my shelves and adding in the first one. (A Secret Courage)

Status: Going

The Whitecoat's Daughter by Olivia A. Cole
This one is a sci-fi/fantasy novel in space. I get why I added this because I had just read a space book and loved it. But realistically am I going to pick this one up? Probably not.

Status: Going

Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy
This one sounds so much like pretty little liars. I am so here for this and I can't wait to read it!

Status: Staying

Someone To Love By Melissa de la Cruz
I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on this one, and because of that I really want to read it for myself. I have loved several other books by Cruz so I have hopes that I'll like this one too. Fingers crossed.

Status: Staying

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
I've heard so much about this one. Sadly the more I hear about it, the less I want to read it.

Status: Going

Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp
This one is set in Alaska and a lot of Alaska books have been misses for me, so I'm hoping this one works for me.

Status: Staying

Gunslinger Girl by Lyndsay Ely
This is a book that I remember being so excited about and hearing so much about before it came out. It's been crickets for the most part since then though which is a little nerve-wracking, but also means it could be a great fit for me.

Status: Staying

You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon
Two characters who are Jewish and it isn't historical fiction. This is a book I'm very interested in reading as I haven't read many books like that before.

Status: Staying

Turn It Up by Jen Calonita
This one sounds like a fun girl friendship book and I cannot wait to read this one!

Status: Staying

Sparrow by Mary Cecilla Jackson
After reading the Bolshoi Saga last year, I've really been interested in reading more ballerina stories. I can't wait to hear more about this one closer to its release date.

Status: Staying


Wow, that was harder then I thought it would be. 

But I was still able to do it, and I got rid of three books (technically two because I had to add the first one in a series instead). Either way I'm really happy with that number and I can't wait to see how this one goes next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....