Thursday, May 17, 2018

Down the TBR Hole #36 | Book Meme

Down the TBR Hole #36 | Book Meme @ readingwithwrin.blogspot.com #bookmeme #weeklymeme #tbr #goodreads

Down the TBR Hole was created by Lia from LOSTINASTORY.

This weekly meme is to help you get your tbr down to a more manageable number, by going through 10 books from your shelves and deciding if you will really read the book or not, and getting rid of the ones you no longer want to read.

This past week I kept my Goodreads tbr at 2,711! I didn't add any other books, this is amazing! Because I've done so well this week, I decided we are going to go through books from 2016 and find ten to get rid of. Let's see what I choose to get rid of this week....

Down the TBR Hole #36 | Book Meme @ readingwithwrin.blogspot.com #bookmeme #weeklymeme #tbr #goodreads




The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
Even though I know Richelle is a loved author, I don't see myself reading this book or starting a new trilogy this year.

Status: Going

Illuminate (Gilded Wings #1) by Aimee Agresti
This cover is so pretty! I wish I still wanted to read this one. Sadly this one is 500 pgs long and doesn't get good until halfway in. I just don't have the time to invest in a new series right now, when I have so many that I still need to finish.

Status: Going

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Ugh, I thought I had already gotten rid of this one. I don't support this book at all.

Status: Going

Astor Place Vintage by Stephanie Lehmann
While this book could be one that I love, I also know that I'm not going to buy it and my library doesn't have it.

Status: Going

The Fable of Us by Nicole Williams
I originally added this one during my I'm going to try to read more NA. Yeah, that's mostly over for now. This one sounds a lot like the typical NA novel and I'm just not into it.

Status: Going

Daughters of Ruin by K.D. Castner
When did I add this one? It's a high fantasy and we all know that I don't typically do well with these.

Status: Going

Roses and Rot by Kat Howard
I love the cover of this one. After having reread the synopsis though, and reading a few of the reviews. I'm going to have to pass. Its a fantasy novel with several trigger warnings for suicide and abuse. I just don't want to read that right now.

Status: Going

Career Game by Louise Mensch
Can we just appreciate the cover for this one. I love it so much! Sadly this one is very hard to find, so I don't see myself being able to read it anytime soon.

Status: Going

Allison O'Brien on her Own by Melody Carlson
I used to love Melody Carlson, but the older I've gotten the less I reach for her books. So this is never going to get read.

Status: Going

Maggie Come Lately (The Pathway Collection #1) by Michelle Buckman
This one could have a lot of potential with the main character having to take care of her young siblings. But it also sounds a lot like a 'chosen one' story and I just don't have it in me to read another one like it right now.

Status: Going

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....