Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Down the TBR Hole #35 | Book Meme

Down the TBR Hole #35 | Book Meme @ readingwithwrin.blogspot.com #bookmeme #weeklymeme #tbr #goodreads #bookblogger

Down the TBR Hole was created by Lia from LOSTINASTORY.

This weekly meme is to help you get your tbr down to a more manageable number, by going through 10 books from your shelves and deciding if you will really read the book or not, and getting rid of the ones you no longer want to read.

This week we're starting out with 2,722 books on my Goodreads TBR shelf. This is back up from last weeks 2,711. I've decided we're going to make today's Down the TBR Hole a little bit more difficult. I'm going to be choosing only from books I added to my shelf in 2017. It's not going to be easy, so let's begin!



Down the TBR Hole #35 | Book Meme @ readingwithwrin.blogspot.com #bookmeme #weeklymeme #tbr #goodreads #bookblogger

The Darlings Are Forever by Melissa Kantor
This sounds a lot like gossip girl and pretty little liars. But I'm just not wanting to start a new series like this one at the moment.

Status: Going

Untitled by Sarah J. Maas
As of right now I'm kind of done with this series. I could change my mind later on, but I just don't want to continue on with it at this moment.

Status: Going

On the Fence by Kasie West
I do want to read more books by Kasie West, this one I will probably never read.

Status: Going

This Song Is (Not) For You by Laura Nowlin
This one seems like its all going to be about a love triangle. Not my thing anymore, especially if that's the only focus of the book. 

Status: Going

How to Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford
This one could be a good friendship book, but it also sounds a lot like a romance book.

Status: Going

Invictus by Ryan Graudin
I do like Graudin's writing, but I want to read her historical fiction books more than I want to read this one.

Status: Going

Colorless by Rita Stradling
I originally added this one because it looks to be set in the late 1800's to early 1900's which is a time period I like reading. As time has gone on though I've just lost interest in this one.

Status: Going

Defying Vesuvius by Jacqueline Pawl
This one sounds like an interesting time travel book. While I love time travel, this one just isn't grabbing my attention anymore.

Status: Going

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
A book that allows you to see into the future sounds fascinating and terrifying all at the same time. While this book could be interesting it just doesn't seem like a good fit for me right now.

Status: Going

The Gallery of Unfinished Girls by Lauren Karcz
The books that this one is compared to I haven't read and I'm just not interested in reading them. I'm also just not into magical realism for the most part at this moment.

Status: Going

Wrap-Up

This week was so much harder. I do think choosing books from only 2017 was a good choice. It made me think more about what I wanted to read and why I wanted to read certain books. I'm not sure I'll do this every week, but I do think I should try this once a month. 

Do you think I should add any of the books back to my tbr? Or do you feel the same way about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....