Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Down the TBR Hole #32


Down the TBR Hole was created by Lia from LOSTINASTORY.

This weekly meme is to help you get your tbr down to a more manageable number, by going through 10 books from your shelves and deciding if you will really read the book or not, and getting rid of the ones you no longer want to read.

Last week I went through 10 books that I got rid of off my tbr shelf. This week we are going to try one more method. This one is an idea from Lauren @SERIESousBooks who gave me the idea to do some from each year from 2015-2017. I'm really excited about this one because I have forgotten about so many books that came out in 2016. Which could be a good thing, or it could be a bad thing. Let's see how this goes..

Week #32 Choices




Freak of Natures by Julia Crane
Why did I add this one? It's supposed to be a sci-fi and I'm guessing maybe a little like Mila 2.0 which I'm still not sure if I want to finish.

Status: Going


A Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
I do want to read more of this authors work, but I don't see it being this one yet.

Status: Going


The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Yeah, let's be honest this one isn't happening. I know it's a classic and I hope to read it at some point, but I just don't have it in me to force myself at this moment.

Status: Going

An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
I want to re-read Little Women before I read the other books.

Status: Going for now

Goodwives by Louisa May Alcott
Like the one above will be read at some point, but I have no idea when.

Status: Going for now

Mightier Than the Sword by Jeffrey Archer
This is apart of the Clifton Chronicles series, which I will be continuing to read. This one though is the 5th book, so I don't see a point in it being on here until I read the others to make sure I want to continue on. This one will possibly be added back at a later time.

Status: Going

Cometh the Hour by Jeffrey Archer
This one is the 6th book in the Clifton Chronicles and just like the other one, I don't want it on my tbr until I know if I want to continue on with the series.

Status: Going

The Pursuit of Pearls by Jane Thynne
This is the 4th book in the Clara Vine series. That follows an actress through her time during 1939 Europe. I do want to start this series, but again there's no point in having the 4th book on my tbr before I've even read the first one. Especially seeing as I don't own it yet.

Status: Going

Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
While I do enjoy Gray's writing. I'm just not into a lot of spaces books sadly.

Status: Going

Glitter and Sparkle by Shari L. Tapscott
I'm not exactly sure why I added this one in the first place. It's about a young girl, who ends up falling for her brother's best friend. Which ends up ruining her whole life plan. This would be for a lot of people, but I'm just not into this type of contemporary right now.

Status: Going

Wrap-Up

At the beginning of this week I started out with 2,730 books on my tbr and now I only have 2,720! Slow and steady. I personally really enjoyed doing it this way. Which way do you like me doing these?
The original way?
What I did last week? Or this weeks post?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....