Friday, December 15, 2017

Blogmas Day 15: You Don't Know My Name by Kristen Orlando #Bookreview

You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1)Title: You Don't Know My Name
Series: The Black Angel Chronicles
Author: Kristen Orlando
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Published Date: January 10th 2017
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Spy, Mystery/Thriller
Page Count:304
Format: Hardcover

My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★.5

Goodreads Summary: 
Fighter. Faker. Student. Spy.

Seventeen-year-old Reagan Elizabeth Hillis is used to changing identities overnight, lying to every friend she’s ever had, and pushing away anyone who gets too close. Trained in mortal combat and weaponry her entire life, Reagan is expected to follow in her parents’ footsteps and join the ranks of the most powerful top-secret agency in the world, the Black Angels. Falling in love with the boy next door was never part of the plan. Now Reagan must decide: Will she use her incredible talents and lead the dangerous life she was born into, or throw it all away to follow her heart and embrace the normal life she’s always wanted? And does she even have a choice?


 ---------------------------------------------------------------------


 My Review:
"Don't ask me if I'm sure I'm doing the right thing. Don't ask me if my parents would want me to do this or if I realize the risk I'm taking, because right now, I do not care. I'll do whatever it takes to get them back home safe, and if that means that I might get hurt or die, then so be it. You can't change my mind, so save your breath."
I love spy books and this one was also one I was very excited for!



Reagan is a teenager who has been trained since she was a child by her parents to become a secret agent just like them. The catch she's not sure she wants to be that anymore after the family has to move again after a close call that family has at their home. Reagan is tired of all the moves and just wants a normal life for a change, she's tired of the double life she's had to live. So in this new place, she's made the best life possible she can, she has found a way to keep up with her parent's training and having a social life and maybe even a first love.
Of course, her parent's secret life becomes a problem and they are all at risk now. With Reagan being left with several other agents and her best friend Luke coming along as well they need to find her parents before it is too late.

Overall I loved this book. The way that the whole Secret agent this was explained made sense for a change, as well as how the parents juggled the double life and how other people were also involved in helping raise Reagan when they had to leave. Reagan was a really good mix of normal teenage angst and having trained and had most of her life planned out already without her really having a say in it. We get to see her fear and anxiety and it all felt very real, we also see her trying to have a 'normal' life and wanting to make 'normal' plans for her future. I really enjoyed Reagan's friendship with Luke and how even with they started having feelings for each other that didn't become the whole storyline for a change. The other agents actually seemed pretty believable for a change as well, and tried to keep Reagan out of everything for her safety and because she didn't have enough training yet.

When it got towards the end of the book I couldn't read it fast enough and that ending! I'm so glad I waited until closer to the release day for the second book because I could not have waited a whole year to find out what is going to happen next.

It's hard to believe that this was Orlando's debut novel and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

"There's one thing he can't take away. He can't take my anger. He can't steal the rage that's beginning to flicker at my core. For now, it's just a spark, but soon it will be a flame, then a fire, then an uncontrollable inferno. Torres doesn't know it yet, but when he pulled that trigger, he signed his own death certificate."

I'll be reading the second book later this month, and reviewing it in January so make sure you're following my social media to be notified of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....