Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Nowhere to be Found by Emily Thomas #BookReview #0by18

Nowhere to be found (Secrets of the Blue Hill Library, #1)Title: Nowhere to be Found
Series:Secrets of the Blue Hills Library
Author: Emily Thomas
Publisher: Guidepost
Published Date: 2013
Genre: Contemporary, Christian Fiction, Mystery
Page Count: 276
Format: Hardcover

My Rating: ★ ★ ★

Goodreads Summary: 
While converting the Victorian home left by her great-aunt Edie into a library, Anne Gibson stumbles upon a fascinating find. Hidden behind an old star quilt is a tiny sealed-off room with a small writing desk and a faded photograph of Edie in a wedding gown. Anne is certain Aunt Edie never married, so who is the handsome young man with her in the photograph? Could he still hold claim to the house bequeathed to Anne?

As Anne sets out to solve the mystery, she makes delightful new friends and runs into old ones - including a high school sweetheart who might not be happy that the woman who broke his heart is back in town.


 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

 My Review:

I use these types of books as a in-between read. What I mean by that is when I have been reading a series or a I'm reading a lot of one genre. It's just nice to have a quick sweet read that isn't full of violence or romance to clear your mind of your last read and get you ready for the next one.

I'm giving in explanation for why I read these types of books, in order to let you know why I rated this at a three instead of lower, which is what I might have done if I didn't use this as a in-between book.

Now onto the actual review.
The main character has recently moved back to her small town from the big city and is trying to turn her aunts old house into a library (which was her aunts wish). This seems like an amazing thing to so many of us. One problem though is that her aunt had a secret, one that could make her lose the library and everything that she had left the city for.

Overall I really enjoyed this read. The mystery itself was a nice one and I will admit thought it was going to end different than it did. The people who did know about the mystery refused to talk about it, which while frustrating was also understandable, but made everything seem far more sinister than it needed to be.
There was no romance to speak of (something may be starting between two characters, but it's to early to say). The main characters love for her children was so sweet and just really nice to read. The children themselves were fairly realistic most of the time.
As for the actual library itself being made, it was so interesting to see it happening and some of the process that goes in to making one. While this is a small town library the amount of money, time and effort that went in to making it, and will continue to go into it is truly astounding to me.

Give me a few more weeks and I am sure I will have read the next book in the series.

Had no idea this series was actually by a group of authors working together. Interested to see how this works throughout the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....