Sunday, September 25, 2016

Diverseathon Wrap-Up: 2016

Diverseathon Wrap-Up

Diverseathon was my most successful read-a-thon so far this year (maybe ever), with me actually reading all of the books on my TBR! Plus adding two more, one that I finished during the read-a-thon and the other I am finally just now halfway through. You can see what my TBR was here.


What I Read

Every Falling Star: The True Story of How I Survived and Escaped North KoreaFreedom's Just Another WordIf I Was Your GirlEverything I Never Told You
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo (YA, Trans) Review
Freedom's Just Another Word by Caroline Stellings (YA, African American, Canadian) Review 9/28/16
Every Falling Star by Sungju Lee (North Korean, memoir, YA) Review
Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng (Asian-American Family, Family Saga) Review 11/23/16

I Started

The Tea Planter's Wife

The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jefferies (British in India)

Overall I really enjoyed this read-a-thon. I learned so much from sitting back and just reading during the chats that happened every night and got tons of new books added to my TBR! I will be continuing to read more diverse as it is now been brought to my attention how little I have been, and I want/need to change that. I love learning and reading fictions books that are from diverse authors will help me continue to learn as well as enjoying my learning experience.

If you have any book recommendations for me based off of what I read during this week please leave them down below. Thank you.


You can follow my updates on what I'm reading
Goodreads:Readingwitherin
Twitter: @Readingwithwrin


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....