Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Books I'm Intimidated By : T5W


Top 5 Wednesday is hosted by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes and you can find the Goodreads group here.

It's time for another Top 5 Wednesday! This weeks topic is Books You're Intimidated By, now for me this could be almost any fiction book over 500 pg's or a bigger non-fiction book.  So without further ado here are the books I'm intimidated by.

Fall Of Giants by Ken Follett

I ended up getting this one on a kindle sale, but have yet to read it because it is 985 pg's and that is a lot to read at once on a kindle. I will get to it, and I am  hoping to start it sometime this summer. 







The Monuments Men by Robert M. Edsel


I have this one in paperback and I've started it multiple times and I love the story of it, but I just can't seem to get through it. I'm hoping in May to get the audio book and just follow along with it.






North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell


I started watching the BBC tv show of this on Netflix, but decided to stop and wait until I read the book... But I'm thinking about finishing up the tv series and then reading the book after since it's been over a year since I started watching it. 





The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens


I would really like to read more by Dickens, because I love his Christmas stories. I'm intimidated by this one for multiple reasons, its old english, it's a classic and it's 900 pg's.. But if I can I think I'm going to listen to it on audiobook. Maybe sometime closer to the end of the year. 





Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow


I couldn't not mention this one. It is my most recent addition to the intimidating pile.I love the musical and it's made me become very interested in the founding fathers again. 
 I would really like to get to this one in August if possible while I have a month off from College.




Those were my picks. What are your picks for this week? If you've read any of these books, then please let me know how they were. 




2 comments:

  1. The Monuments Men is so boring. I gave up on that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather disappointing considering how much I love the movie.

      Delete

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....