Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Historical Settings I Love and Historical Things I Would Like to See More of : Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.


So if you know me, then you know that this week's theme is one of my favorite genres ever. Ever since I started reading history was my favorite, didn't matter what type or what era it was I just couldn't get enough of it. So without further ado here are my Historical Settings I love and also a few historical things I would like to see more.



Historical Settings I love

1. While I haven't read this genre much recently, I used to love reading about the Civil War. (If you have any recommendations please tell me them below.)

2. The roaring 20's. I know this recently has been becoming a popular setting. But I am completely okay with that and hope it sticks around for awhile. 

3. 1930s - 1945 This is probably a pretty obvious one after last weeks Top Ten Tuesday. But I couldn't not mention it. 

4. 1900s this is one I've recently started getting into and so far I am absolutely loving it. So much was happening during this time throughout he whole world and its just nice to see how things happened in different parts of the world during the same time. 

5. The Old West, When I was younger I loved reading about the old west and about prairie life. (If you have any recommendations please leave them below)

Historical Things I Would Like to See More of


6. More diverse characters in Historical Fiction.

7. More multi generation books. (I know this is popular in Adult but I think it would work in YA as well.)

8. More family dynamic in general. 

9. Strong Male/Female characters who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe in. 

10. More clean reads. I know this one isn't for everyone, but personally I think its good to have some books not be full of sex. ( I know its the new thing to add in right now, but sometimes it doesn't add anything to the story.)

2 comments:

  1. I've been digging the Old West lately, too. Have you read VENGEANCE ROAD? It's a good YA western. I also really liked Rinker Buck's travel memoir about following The Oregon Trail in a covered wagon a few years back. It was long but interesting.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet read Vengeance Road. I'm still waiting on it from the library. Thank you so much for the other suggestion I've added it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....