Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: The Prince (The Selection 0.5) by Keira Cass

Title: The Prince
Series:  The Selection 0.5
Author:  Keira Cass
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published Date: March 5th 2013
Genre: Dystopia, YA, Novella, Fantasy
Page Count: 128
Format:  Kindle

My Rating: 3

Goodreads Summary: 
Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...


Don't miss this thrilling 128-page original novella set in the world of the New York Times bestselling novel The Selection. Also features a teaser to The Elite, Kiera Cass's hotly anticipated sequel to The Selection.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

 My Review:

“Because I could do this. I could do it well. I had to. I had to prove, finally, that I could lead, make decisions.”



I really wanted to read this book to see the whole first book from Maxon's perspective and to see how he really felt about the whole selection process. While you can tell in the first book that he was overwhelmed and didn't really know how to handle things, you never really got to see what he was feeling.
In this novella you get to see what he really feels about the selection, how he feels about becoming king one day and how his relationship with his father is strained because his father doesn't trust him enough, or think that he will do a good enough job. You also get to see who he started to fall for and what he liked about them. 
I really enjoyed seeing it from his perspective and actual getting to see him interact with his mom and how his mom will support him and knows that he can do it. His father seems rather controlling especially when it comes to choosing the girls and who he should choose to make the country appear better.
While I wanted to like his friend that was a girl from before I just couldn't for some reason, I think it was because we really didn't get to know much about her besides the fact that she was his childhood friend who loved him and wanted him to break tradition and try to force his father's hand into doing something that could cause a revolution potentially.
I have the queen which, I am going to read next and then after that, I'm going to read the Elite. This is such a fun and quick series and it's just nice to read in between other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....