Monday, July 13, 2015

Accomplished in Murder by Dara England

Title: Accomplished in MurderSeries: Accomplished #1
Author: Dara England
Published Date: October 2011
Genre: Historical Fiction, Mystery
Page Count: 56
Format: Kindle

My Rating: ★ ★ .5

Goodreads Summary:

Murder was never so refined...

When her holiday on the coast of Cornwall takes a deadly turn, it is up to Drucilla Winterbourne to uncover the dangerous secrets the inhabitants of Blackridge House will do anything to conceal. But can a proper young lady from London society comprehend the dark motives of a killer?

Accomplished In Murder is the first in a series of historical mystery novelettes featuring intrepid Victorian heroines up to their bustles in crime. These works are only loosely connected and can be read in any order.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Review:
"Yes it is, actually. Knowing everyone's little secrets is a means of gaining leverage over them and I never pass up an opportunity for that."

While I was slightly disappointed with how quickly this novella moved from solving to solved. I still was able to enjoy it and really liked Drucilla's character. I think I would have even been able to like Celeste's character had we gotten to know her more. I did figure out who the killer was fairly early on in the book which was rather disappointing.

I kind of wish this book had been made into a full length novel and not just a novella.


(I read this book in the 24in48 readathon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....