Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#2):Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015





Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, the theme is “Top Ten Books on my TBR For Summer 2015"


For this one I tried to choose books that weren't just your typical summer reads. So without further ado here they are.




Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

"He has said that I can have as much paper as I need. All I have to do is cough up everything I can remember about the British War Effort. And I'm going to. But the story of how I came to be here starts with my friend Maddie. She is the pilot who flew me into France - an Allied Invasion of Two. "



I've wanted to read this book for over a year now, so I think its about time that I did so.




The Cipher by John C. Ford
"Robert “Smiles” Smylie is not a genius. He feels like he’s surrounded by them, though, from his software mogul dad to his brainy girlfriend to his oddball neighbor Ben, a math prodigy.  When Ben cracks an ancient, real-life riddle central to modern data encryption systems, he suddenly holds the power to unlock every electronic secret in the world—and Smiles finally has a chance to prove his own worth."

I won this book in a goodreads giveaway earlier this year and I am really intrigued by the premise of the book. 

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

"Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license - for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there."

I started to read this book a couple of years ago but ended up putting it down for some reason. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time. 

The Death Cure by Jame Dashner

"WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends—the Gladers. But it’s finally over. The trials are complete, after one final test."

I really haven't enjoyed this series that much so I am looking forward to finally finishing it.



The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

"The worst part of being dead is that there's nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It's enough to kill a girl all over again. But I'm about to get something no one else does--an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet."

This one has been on my kindle app for awhile now so I think its time to finally read it.


The Garden on Sunset by Martin Turnbull
"When Marcus Adler’s father runs him out of Pennsylvania, he can think of only one place to go: 8152 Sunset Boulevard, the home of luminous silent screen star Alla Nazimova, who visited him on his sickbed when he was a child. But when Marcus gets to Hollywood, Madame Nazimova’s home has been converted to a hotel. Marcus checks into The Garden of Allah and starts his new life."

This is another one had on my kindle app for awhile but just haven't gotten around to reading yet. 


No Safe Harbor by Elizabeth Ludwig


"Lured by a handful of scribbled words across a faded letter, Cara Hamilton sets off from 1896 Ireland on a quest to find the brother she'd thought dead. Her search lands her in America, amidst a houseful of strangers and one man who claims to be a friend"

I've really been wanting to get back into reading historical fiction set in the 1800's and I hope this is a good one to start with. 


Someone Else's Fairytale by E.M. Tippetts

"Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. It's the ideal fairytale... for most people. The last thing Chloe needs is public attention. It brings back dangers from the past that she's worked her whole life to escape."

This looks like it will be a nice fun summer read.


 Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

" When Elizabeth Bennet first meets eligible bachelor Fitzwilliam Darcy, she thinks him arrogant and conceited; he is indifferent to her good looks and lively mind. When she later discovers that Darcy has involved himself in the troubled relationship between his friend Bingley and her beloved sister Jane, she is determined to dislike him more than ever."

I feel like I'm one of the few people who hasn't read this book.


 Mrs. Tuesday's Departure by Suzanne Elizabeth Anderson
"When Natalie and Anna, sisters and life-long rivals, hide an abandoned child from the Nazis, their struggle re-opens a star-crossed love triangle, threatening their safety and testing the bonds of their loyalty.
Hungary's fragile alliance with Germany insured that Natalie, a best selling children's book author, and her family would be safe as World War Two raged through Europe. The Holocaust that has only been whispered about until now becomes a terrible reality for every Jewish family or those who hide Jews."

Its been quite awhile since i've read a family saga and the fact that it involves WWII makes me want to read it anymore. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....