Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Down the TBR Hole #29



Down the TBR Hole was created by Lia from LOSTINASTORY.
This weekly meme is to help you get your tbr down to a more manageable number, by going through 10 books from your shelves and deciding if you will really read the book or not, and getting rid of the ones you no longer want to read.

Last week I got rid of 5 books. I was going to raise my goal to 6 book goal to get rid of each week, but after thinking about it, I want to keep the goal at 5. The reason being because going through 10 books each week and getting rid of 5 is at least half which is pretty good when you think about it.
Now let's see how I do this week.





The Mapmakers Children by Sarah McCoy
John brown's daughter. I read something similar a few years ago, and I want to see if this was it, or if it's at least similar.

Status: Staying

Lock In by John Scalzi
I just added this because everyone was talking about it.

Status: Going

The Other Side of the Bride by Katharine Swartz
Woman inherites her grandomthers greek farm house.

Status: Going

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
I really want to start this one this year.

Status: Staying

Still Alice by Lisa Genova
When a doctor gets alzheimers.

Status: Going

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
I just added this one again because everyone was talking about it.

Status: Going

The Mind's Eye
Telepathic gift who helps a boy in 1940.

Status: Staying

Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn
I'm hoping to find this at my library and read 20 pgs each night.

Status: Staying

The Poppy Factory by Liz Trenow
Two different wars and the women who help during them.

Status: Staying

The Zig Zag Girl by Elly Griffiths
1950 Brighton England need I say more.

Status: Staying

This week I got rid of 4 books. Not my goal, but still pretty good, considering this had a lot of books that I still do want to read and one that I think I might have read before, but I'm not positive. 


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Still Alice when I read it a few years ago but I feel like you can get away with watching the movie if the story is still of interest ;)
    I finally read Something Strange and Deadly back in December but I wasn't overly impressed to I think you made a good call there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's what I was thinking, I've had the chance to watch the movie but passed so my chances of reading the book are slim to none.
      Yay! Love knowing I made the right decision from someone who has the same reading tastes as me. :)

      Delete

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....