Saturday, December 24, 2016

Top Ten Clues Your Clueless by Liz Czukas #BookReview #Blogmas2k16

Top Ten Clues You're CluelessTitle: Top Ten Clues Your Clueless
Author: Liz Czukas
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published Date: December 9th 2014
Genre: YA, Contemporary,
Page Count:304
Format: Paperback

My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★

Goodreads Summary: 
Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day

5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market

4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi

3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm

2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)

1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000

Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments.
 

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

 My Review:


"I think about Sammi's attitude, and Micah's naive genius, and Zaina's shyness. I think of how they all rallied to take care of me, and how none of them treated me any different when it was over. I think of how lonely I've been since I started at my new school. I think of how i don't really want to leave, even after all these hours together."



Chloe ends up working at the supermarket on Christmas Eve. But she's okay with this because she hopes to be working with her Crush. What she doesn't expect to happen though is for someone to end up stealing from charity and her and five other teenager employees being the ones accused. With no idea who took the money and none of the teenagers admitting to the crime. They are stuck in the supermarket until the police arrive or someone admits to it.
With none of them wanting to admit to there parents the real reason they have been asked to stay late they all come up with different stories that they hope will workout and save them from parent disappointment/lecture.

"Top Ten Worst Mom Phrases
10. Young Lady
9. Anything that includes your middle name
8. I thought you were dead! Or worse!
7. I worry about you!
6. You know, when I was your age...
5.You're not going out like that, are you?
4. Look me in the eyes and tell me that again.
3. If all your friends jumped off a cliff would you?
2. I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed.
1. Do what you think is right. I'm sure you'll make the right choice."

While stuck not only do they all actually get to talk to one another for a change, but they also start learning about each other. They even start coming up with possible suspects. That is until the manager puts them to work cleaning while they wait. That's when Chloe who is diabetic ends up almost passing out from lack of eating. With the help of her new friends though she is able to overcome it and get back to 'normal'.

Overall I really enjoyed this story. All of the the characters in this story were fun, yet real at the same time. The six teenage employees while accused of the crime had no evidence against them. So they all decided to play detective and start working out who could have taken the money, and how much money exactly was taken.
While this story does involve romance, it is not super insta-love and the characters have known each other for quite a while so I didn't mind it.
I don't want to say too much else because I don't want to give anything away. But I will say this if you want a quick not super romantic Christmassy read that involves a mystery than this is the book for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....