Thursday, June 23, 2016

Ultimate Book Tag


I'm not going to lie, it's nice to be getting back to do these tags and talking about books, in ways besides reviews and top lists. If you have any other tags you think I would like to do then please tell me about them. 
I was tagged by Kristi @ BostonBookReader Thank You!



1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

Sometimes. I've noticed that it depends on the type of road and how bright the sun in. But usually no not anymore, I've learned my limits.


2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?

Ellen Hopkins. I haven't yet read any of her books, but I want to because I've heard she writes in verse and it just really easy to read such difficult topics.


3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

I've read both of these series and while I liked the Twilight Saga, but it isn't something I've re-read since the movies were over. However on the other hand I've loved the Harry Potter series and have re-read the series over and over again and hoping to re-read a few of them this year.

  • This series is about good concurring evil
  • Strong female characters 
  • Strong Friendships, and families accepting friends as family


4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?

Nope

5. Do you smell your books?

If i'm reading it and I notice it smells really good then sure, but besides that no.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?

I'm good with either one. It doesn't really matter to me, unless its a classic and then it does make them easier to read when you have pictures. Plus pretty covers area always nice to. 

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?

I really can't think of any, because if I loved it at the time then there was a reason for that normally and the writing doesn't matter as long as it's readable. (in my opinion)

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Not any funny ones. I did read a lot of the American Girl series though and became slightly obsessed with them. 

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

Broken Pearl by Dawn Brower

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?

The Diviners by Libba Bray


11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

I'm only a reader anymore. When I was younger I used to write all of the time, but at this point in life I just don't have the passion for it.


12. When did you get into reading?

I always liked reading, but I didn't really start enjoying it until about 7-8 when I started to look into historical fiction and mystery series.


13. What is your favorite classic book?

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?

Always history


15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?

Say thank you, and then get rid of it after a few weeks when the person has already seen it on my shelf for a while.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

The Ashfall series by Mike Mullin

It's more of a what would potentially happen if the world ended and how to survive in it though. 


17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Waiting until last minute to write blog posts.


18. What is your favorite word?

Shish kebab no idea why, but I always have since I learned to say it. 


19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

All of the above.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?

Fairies. I've always known about Vampire books, but fairie ones are new to me.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

Angels, I just think it's nice to known that someone is watching out for you.


22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Werewolves. Twilight's Jacob for obvious reasons. 


23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?

Vampires, at least you can reason with them sometimes. 


24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?

Forbidden Love.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Action-Packed with a few loves scenes if they have to be added in.

I Tag

Megan from Megan Darling
and anyone else who would like to do this fun book tag

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....