Thursday, December 24, 2015

Twas The Night Before Christmas Book Tag : #Blogmas Day 24


Its Christmas Eve! Whew its been a crazy month but I am so glad I did Blogmas this year and I hope to do it next year as well. 

Today I thought I would do another tag because it's a Twas the Night Before Christmas Book Tag!
This lovely tag was created by Aoife @ FredWeasleyDiedLaughing you can watch her video all about it here. 





“Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse,” A book that kept you up so late, everyone else was asleep. 



For me this book would have to be Stolen by Lucy Christopher. It is one of the few books that has kept me up all night because I had to find out what would happen.







“And Mama in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap,” A book that made you fall asleep.

This could be almost any type of book for me at the moment since I do tend to read before I go to bed at night. The one that I've read most recently that had me falling asleep though would have to be The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau. This was not a boring book, to me it was just to similar to other dystopian's and I just had trouble being interested in it. 

“When out on the roof there arose such a clatter,I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter,” A book, or a book scene that made your heart race


That would have to be All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill, the ending of this book had me on the edge of my seat and my heart racing. I had to know what was going to happen and if they were all going to be okay. 










“When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,but a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer,” An object in a book that was utterly magical/ Or a magical book





The device from the Shades of London series that is used to trap the sprites is what came to mind when I read this question. 


“With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick,” A twinkle-eyed book character that made you happy.




This was a such a hard choice to make, but I had to go with Rue from the Hunger Games Series. Whenever I think about her I smile, because of the hope and strength she ended up giving Katniss throughout the rest of the series. 

“So up to the house-top the coursers they flew, with the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too,” A book that made you fly to another land.

This would have to be the Harry Potter series. It was the first one that transported me to a different world and will always hold a special place in my heart because of that. 


“And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof, the prancing and pawing of each little hoof,” A book creature you love.


House elves from Harry Potter. I could have chosen many other things from the Harry Potter Series, but this was the first one I thought of for this tag. 


“He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot,” A character that proves to more than his /her first impression



Simon from the Mortal Instrument/ Shadow hunter world. 



“He had a broad face and a little round belly, that shook when he laughed, like a bowl full of jelly,” A book or book character that made you laugh



That would be Rory from the Shades of London series. 







“A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread,” A book that makes you feel safe.




Most of the recent books i have been reading have made me feel this way, but I am going to have to go with novella Hope For The Holidays from the Homespun Christmas bind-up.



“He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled all the stockings, then turned with a jerk,” A book that put you to work (a book that you felt you really needed to concentrate on)



Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I struggled with this book so much and I really had to force myself to keep reading it multiple times.

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!" A book with a magnificent ending





The Christmas Joy Ride by Melody Carlson, this was a book I read clear back in August I believe, it started me off on my Christmas kick and made me want to start planning for Blogmas.









If you would like to do this tag then please do and if you have already done it leave your link below so I can check it out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....