Wednesday, December 12, 2018

5 Books From the Year I Was Born Check In | Blogmas Day 12

5 Books From the Year I Was Born Check In | Blogmas Day 12 #blogmas #challenges #prompts #christmas

5 Books From The Year I Was Born

After a few days break to finish my finals and finally get caught up on some sleep I desperately needed its time to get back into BLOGMAS!!

Last year during Blogmas I challenged myself to read 5 books from the year I was born, which was 1993. Now at the beginning of this challenge, I knew it would be tough. I, however, was not prepared for how tough it would actually be for me. 

My Choices Were:


Durable Goods - eBookThe ClientI'll Be Seeing You - eBook
J is for Judgment (The Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries)The Virgin Suicides

How I Did:


I managed to read 2 out of 5 books.

J is for Judgment (The Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries)The Client

J is for Judgment by Sue Grafton
This one sadly fell flat for me I didn't care for it and found myself wishing for it to be over as soon as possible. 
The Client by John Grisham
This was my favorite book I read from this challenge. The multiple pov's really added to and I loved learning about the legal system. 

What Now?

Now that I've reviewed what's happened over the past year with this challenge it's time to decide if I'm going to try and continue reading the other three books. The answer to that is.....

No. I tried to read both The Virgin Suicides and Durable Goods and I just couldn't get past the first few pages in them. I do want to try and read I'll Be Seeing You, but I'm not going to be doing it as apart of this challenge. 

The whole point of this challenge was to try and get me to read backlist books, and I did. But I also found that I wasn't enjoying myself and that's not what reading is about. Reading is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. While I'm thankful for having tried to do this challenge, it's also one that I don't see myself repeating in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....