Sunday, December 3, 2017

Blogmas Day 3: 5 Books From The Year I Was Born


Today is day 3 for Blogmas!

 I thought it would be fun to set myself a challenge to do next year!
I'm going to choose 5 books that were published in 1993 that sound like something I would read and read them before next blogmas! (I got this idea from BrokebyBooks 52 blog post ideas.) 1993 has some of my favorite books from my childhood (Magic Tree House series and Junie B. Jones series). I'm going to try and read all adult books or young adult if I can find them. (was YA even a thing at that point?)


The Rules I'm making for myself

1. Must be available from my library.
2. Something that I actually want to read.
3. Published in 1993
4. Must review the book if I finish it.

Those are all the rules I'm setting for myself. You don't have to follow them and you can make your own to go with them.

My Choices:

Durable Goods - eBook
Durable Goods by Elizabeth Berg
This one is a coming of age book that is around 250 pgs.

The Client
The Client by John Grisham
I've read Christmas with the Kranks by Grisham and loved it and have been wanting to read some of his other work, now seems like the perfect time.

I'll Be Seeing You - eBook
I'll Be Seeing You by Mary Higgins Clark
This one sounds like a really good mystery/thriller.

The Virgin Suicides
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides
I have a feeling I'll probably have to read this one in my English class next semester, and if not it's a modern classic so I should at least attempt to read it.

J is for Judgment (The Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries)
J Is For Judgment by Sue Grafton
Grafton is an author I see a lot about, but have never read one of her books. Hopefully, I like this one and will have found a new author that I like in the Adult grouping.

Those are the five books I'm hoping to like form the year I was born. Next year I will have an update on how I did!


If you want to do this challenge to please do so and link me to your posts so I can follow along with you as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....