Thursday, June 7, 2018

Down the TBR Hole #38 | Book Meme

Down the TBR Hole #38 #bookmeme #weeklymeme #goodreads #tbr

Down the TBR Hole was created by Lia from LOSTINASTORY.

This weekly meme is to help you get your tbr down to a more manageable number, by going through 10 books from your shelves and deciding if you will really read the book or not, and getting rid of the ones you no longer want to read.

Last week I got rid of 15 books! I really enjoyed doing the random page choice and just going through a few of them. It made it feel less strict for me and I was able to really consider if I was going to read those books anytime soon. What did you think of it?


Leaving my TBR this week

*Title links lead to the books Goodreads page.

Down the TBR Hole #38 #bookmeme #weeklymeme #goodreads #tbr


At one point in time, I would have read this book. Now though after having seen so many problematic things about it and having watched a little bit of the show. I just know it's not for me at all. 

Servant by J.S. Bailey
This one does still sound kind of interesting. But I also don't see myself reading another Demon type series right now unless I've read something by the author before. 

Princess of Egypt by Vince Cross
I went through a phase where anything to do with Egypt I added to my TBR. I can't even remember what this one is about, so it's time for it to leave.

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
This sounds kind of like a dystopian and I'm still kind of burnt out on them. I'm not sure if I'll ever really be fully back into these types of books.

The Amish Midwife by Mindy Starns Clark
Anymore I'm very picky about what Amish books I read, because of how many get published each year. I've also noticed that I just don't enjoy most of them as much anymore. 

Down the TBR Hole #38 #bookmeme #weeklymeme #goodreads #tbr


Love Lies Beneath by Ellen Hopkins
This one is another Adult Fiction novel. I have no recollection of adding this one, and I have no idea why I thought I would read it.

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
I've heard such great things about this book. Yet I still have no real interest in actually reading it, so I might as well just come to terms with that and take it off of my shelves.

Broadstreet Gate by Robin Kirman
This one got added because of how secrets were supposed to be a big part of it. I noticed the rating for it wasn't so great anymore though, and I went and read some of the reviews. Apparently, this is a very twisty read and just not very good. So I'm going to pass on this one and find a different book that involves friendships and secrets.

One Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Trooper
Why did I keep adding so many random adult fiction books? Ugh. past me had so much to learn about my reading taste.

Losers in Space by John Barnes
A Space Dystopian that's 400+ pages.. Could be good, but I'm also extremely picky about space books. So I'm going to pass.

Down the TBR Hole #38 #bookmeme #weeklymeme #goodreads #tbr


Wilder by J.K. DeRosa
Girl meets a guy who shows her a supernatural world. I'm gonna pass on this one for now.

A Constables Tale by Donald Smith
This one is a Colonial America murder investigation. It could be an interesting read, but I also know that right now most of colonial America books don't interest me.

The Finnish Girl by Dennis Frahmann
Multi-generational mystery type of book that shows how everything affects each new generation. This seems like a very complicated book that could be confusing.

In The Nick of Time by Charles Crandall
I can't find this one anywhere besides on Amazon and I don't want to spend money on a book, that I've heard next to nothing about.

Second Hand Stops by Katie St. Claire
Like the previous one, I can only find it on Amazon, and I just don't have the disposable income right now to try out a bunch of new authors.


I got rid of 15 more books this week! Really happy with this and I think I've found my groove with how to get rid of more books. Now if I could just read at the same pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....