Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Down the TBR Hole #1


Down the TBR Hole was created by Lia from lostinastory.
This weekly meme is to help you get your tbr down to a more manageable number, by going through 10 books from your shelves and deciding if you will really read the book or not, and getting rid of the ones you no longer want to read.
At this moment my Goodreads TBR is at 2,506 and my goal is each week to get rid of at least one book from the list. I will be doing it in groups of 10 meaning this meme will take me quite a while to get through.


TBR Books

Schindler's ListSchindlers List by Thomas Keneally

This one has been one I want to read since I saw the movie.
Currently, I'm waiting for the audiobook from my library.



Status: Keeping





Those Who Save UsThose Who Save Us by Jenna Blum

Still, want to read this one and my library has it so I'll be getting it within the next year.


Status: Keeping





All But My Life: A MemoirAll But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein

This is a holocaust memoir that has been on my radar for some time and one that I still want to read. 


Status: Keeping




Things We Couldn't Say
Things We Couldn't Say by  Diet Eman

A biography about a Dutch young woman during WWII. I still want to read this one.


Status: Keeping



Five Chimneys: A Woman Survivor's True Story of Auschwitz
Five Chimneys by Olga Lengyel

A biography of a woman who survived Auschwitz and tells the horrifying things that happened there.

While I still want to read this one, I also know that right now I won't be.

Status: Getting rid of (may add back later on)



Daisies Are ForeverDaisies Are Forever by Liz Tolsma

This is the second book in the Women of Courage trilogy. I really loved the first one, and really want to get back with these characters.


Status: Keeping



The Girl Who Came Home
The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor

I started this one but ended up having to stop for some reason. I do really want to get back to it, as I did enjoy the part that I did read.


Status: Keeping



The Hotel on Place Vendome: Life, Death, and Betrayal at the Hotel Ritz in Paris
The Hotel on Place Vendome by Tilar J. Hazzed

When I first added this book to my tbr I thought it was a fiction novel.About Paris during WWII. After relooking at it, and reading some reviews, I don't think I would enjoy this one. 


Status: Getting rid of



What I Saw and How I LiedWhat I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell

I recently found out that my library has the audiobook for this one and I am on the wait list for it!

Status: Keeping (reading soon)








This time I ended up getting rid of 2 out of 10 books!
Hoping it goes this well next week when we go through another 10 books from my virtual tbr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....