Saturday, January 9, 2016

Review: Becoming Famous by Natalie Scott

Title: Becoming Famous
Author: Natalie Scott
Publisher: Perfect Bound Marketing
Published Date: August 22nd 2015
Genre: New Adult
Page Count:  152
Format: Kindle

My Rating: 1

Goodreads Summary: 
Bebe Barkley has never released a sex tape. She's not America's Next Top Model. She didn't get pregnant at 16, and has never auditioned for American Idol. In fact, she's holed up in a hotel room at the Waldorf in New York City, totally depressed. But even though she doesn't know it yet, she's about to become famous. A former equestrian rider, Bebe had a bright future until a tragic accident changed everything. Now she's unable to return to her old life, yet incapable of moving forward. Follow her as she ventures from New York to LA, the City of Broken Dreams, where she will find everything she's ever wanted, only to risk losing the things she truly loves. Join Bebe in her heart-stopping journey in Becoming Famous.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------

 My Review:

"You know, Bebe, when I first met you, I thought you were the most fun, exciting girl I'd ever met. I would've followed you anywhere. But I was wrong. You're a runner, Bebe, every time life gets too hard for you to handle, you run. You can run to the end of the earth for all I care. But you will never outrun yourself."




That quote basically explains Bebe exactly how she is and what makes her such an unlikable character.
Bebe has let her past make her into a victim of sorts or that the card, she always plays when things start to get tough. Somehow even though this girl never showers or anything like that she is always told how beautiful she is. Things just seem to fall into Bebe's life even though she never takes care of herself and always finds ways to screw people over when things stop going her way.
To me she had no redeeming qualities and the whole book just seemed way too unrealistic. 
The amount of times I just wanted to stop reading this book was more, then I've had in a very long time. If I hadn't of gotten this book from Netgalley I would have stopped reading it about a quarter of the way through.

Thank you to Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read and review and state my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year! New Blog!

Happy New Year! As you can probably tell from the title of this post I have some news. It's exciting news for Reading With Wrin ....